If you have mixed kids, odds are you are looking for the best curly hair products for mixed kids and I am here to help!
What to Look for in Hair Products for Mixed Kids
Without a doubt, my most asked question is ” What do you use on the girls curly hair?” For a while, I wasn’t sharing because I had not found the right curly hair products for them. Alyssa’s hair is a whole new ball game for me because she has very different textured hair than I do. She has the hair I prayed she would have, i absolutely love her hair. My natural hair is actually really curly but i have killed my curls throughout the years with the amount of straightening and bleaching I have done to it. My one desire is for the girls to love their curls and know how to properly take care of them as they grow older. However, taking care of them starts with mama.
I have tried tons of curly hair products and it felt like everything I was using worked for a little and then dried their hair out. I texted my sister one day (step-sister) who is also mixed, and talked to her about it, and then decided to go through the curly hair products I was using on the girls and see what I actually liked. One of the products that I loved, that I was already using was the TGIN Honey Miracle Hair Mask with Raw Honey + Olive Oil Deep Conditioner, so I purchased more of the TGIN Products.
Our Curly Hair Wash Day Routine
Products we use & steps I take for my girls curly mixed hair:
- We have wash day 2x a week usually on Wednesday & Sunday. I start with the TGIN Moisture Rich Sulfate Free Shampoo and throughly wash her head starting from her scalp. I usually let this set for about mins and then rinse it off.
- After we get the shampoo washed off, i move on to the TGIN Triple Moisture Rich Replenishing Conditioner For Natural Hair Conditioner. Listen here, this is the perfect conditioner for curly natural hair! It leaves her hair SO SOFT and most of the time I can just brush my fingers through it, instantly.
- Once a week usually on Sundays, after the conditioner we use the TGIN Honey Miracle Hair Mask, we let it sit for a minimum of 30 minutes before we rinse it out.
- Mielle Organics Pomegranate & Honey Leave-In Conditioner is the leave in conditioner we use once the hair Mask is rinsed and her hair is detangled. It smells amazing but also leaves their hair nice and moisturized.
- Lastly, the last curly hair product we use is the TGIN Butter Cream Daily Moisturizer. We use their Butter Cream Daily Moisturizer everyday leading up to their next wash day. In the mornings I’ll spray their hair done with water, detangle it, and butter it up with the butter cream daily moisturizer.
That is the end to our hair care routine for our beautiful curly hair mixed girls. If you haven’t tried out the TGIN products, this is your sign to try it out! Also, important to note, that I don’t use any type of hair detangler in between washes, all I use is water! Using the butter cream daily moisturizer and wrapping their hair in a satin bonnet helps keep their hair from getting tangled!
Our Favorite Hair Products for Mixed Kids with Curly Hair
TGIN Honey Miracle Hair Mask
TGIN Butter Cream Daily Moisturizer
Mielle Organics Leave In Conditioner
TGIN Moisture Rich Sulfate Free Shampoo For Natural Hair
TGIN Triple Moisture Rich Replenishing Conditioner For Natural Hair
I hope this list of recommendations for hair products for mixed kids helps you out with yours! They have seriously helped our girls hair and I cannot recommend them enough!